The year 2020 and 2021 have been very tough so it is important to soak up and take pleasure from the little things.
Ruth Reichel said, “The secret of life is to find joy in small and ordinary things.”
- Cooking for your loved one- Cooking for someone you cared about could never be stressful as you want it to be extra perfect. If you don’t to how to cook it may be a kind of stress but if you nailed the dish then the feeling that you get is amazing. In a busy schedule, we have forgotten the wonderful feeling of cooking and delivering a beautiful and tasty meal.
- Having someone who cares for you- It is the best feeling ever when you have someone who can ask whether you had lunch or not, Are you ok, a person who will wait for you to get back home and someone who can take all your stress. Not only person but it may include our pets.
- Plants in office/house- You should have plans in your office/house. There are so many reasons for having plans in your home or office and while you put on them you get the feeling of pride and accomplishment. Plants are just the pretty face in the room and they reduce your working stress, clean the air that we breathe, and humidify your room.
- Find new things- It’s like when you take the first sip of any hard drink, it is something you have never tasted before and realized this is now your favourite drink, putting on a pair of heels and knowing that these are going to be your favourite as long as they last and the moment you try a bar of new chocolate and soon it becomes your favourite.
Read Also: How to Lose Weight at Home?
Oscar wide once said, “Simple pleasures are the last healthy refuge in a complex world.”
- Getting praise for work- It feels amazing when you get appreciated for the work you have done. After so many efforts and hard work, it is only an appreciation that fills you with enthusiasm and you get motivated to work hard and make everyone feel proud.
- Decorating your living area- Sometimes people keep their living area very basic or simple which is not good for the working of creative minds. We observe the things around us and somewhere our mood depends on our surroundings so it is necessary to have a positive surrounding nearby you. You can place some paintings or artwork in your living area.
“Being understood is also an underrated pleasure…”
- Family time- It is a pleasure watching the whole family together during festivals and events. Due to this busy schedule, we don’t get family time or we don’t find time for our family. Everyone should have family time in which the whole family could sit together and talk together instead of indulging in their phones.
- Listening to a good playlist- Many people are fond of listening to music. Music has a healing power that can suck out the whole stress from the mind. Make a good playlist of your favourite songs and when you have a bad day just close your eyes and listen to the good playlist or podcast.
- Reading – I think one of the most underrated pleasures in life is reading. Reading a book when you have nothing to do is a pleasure in itself. Reading a good book on a calming rainy night. We’re so accustomed to being on our phones we have forgotten the joys of getting lost in a good book.
- To make someone smile – Random acts of kindness. Nothing beats the warm feeling in your heart and the smile on your face when you are kind to others and doing efforts to put a smile on their face.
What’s your Reaction?